Then, when he was a little older, Billy,s mother gave him some pencils and a drawing book, and he began drawing pictures too, but they were never good.
When Billy was five years old, his mother gave him a small blackboard, some pieces of chalk and a duster. He liked those very much. one day he was trying to draw a picture of his father on the blackboard. He drew lines and rubbed them out, drew more and rubbed those out too for ten minutes, but when he looked at his picture he was not happy.
"Well" he said at last to his mother, "I'll put a tail on it and make it a monkey"
Hồi nhỏ Billy rất thích tranh vẽ. Mẹ cậu thường vẽ tranh cho cậu vào giấy cũ. Bà vẽ rất kém nhưng Billy rất thích tranh của mẹ và lúc nào cũng muốn có nhiều tranh nữa. Khi Billy lớn hơn một chút, mẹ cậu cho cậu mấy cây bút chì và một quyển sách vẽ, Billy cũng bắt đầu vẽ tranh nhưng chẳng có tranh nào ra hồn cả.
Khi Billy 5 tuổi, mẹ cậu cho cậu một chiếc bảng đen nhỏ, vài viên phấn và một chiếc giẻ lau. Billy thích lắm. Một hôm cậu cố thử vẽ bố lên bảng. Cậu cứ vẽ rồi lại xoá đến mươi phút, nhưng khi nhìn lại bức tranh, Billy không hài lòng lắm.
"Ôi" cuối cùng cậu nói với mẹ: "Con sẽ vẽ thêm một cái đuôi vào bức tranh và biến nó thành con khỉ vậy".
C. Bài tập
A. WHICH OF THESE SENTENCE ARE TRUE (T) AND WHICH ARE FALSE (F)
1. Billy,s mother often drew pictures for him
2. She was very good at drawing.
3. Billy,s drawings were not very good.
4. Billy liked his blackboard very much.
5. Billy drew a good picture of his father.
6. Billy drew a good picture of a monkey.
B. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS
1. What did Billy like very much when he was small?
2. What did Billy,s mother give him when he was a little older?
3. What did he do?
4. Was he good at drawing?
5. What did his mother give him when he was five years old?
6. What did he try to do one day?
7. What happened the?
8. What Billy say?
C. OPPOSITES: FIND WORDS IN THE STORY WHICH MEAN THE OPPOSITE OF: